Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do you have to soak bonsai tree seeds?

I recently got my new bonsai tree seed, and I've heard you need to soak the seeds before you plant them. Is that true? I also will take any other advice anyone can give me, or websites with helpful information.|||A bonsai tree is any type of tree pruned or manipulated to keep it small. I have never heard of such a thing as a bonsai tree seed? Sounds like someone trying to make a buck, suckered you in. You can buy a small bare root evergreen seedling from any good nursery and have a better head start on a bonsai tree. They will probably have a wide variety to offer too. Then go to the local library and get information on how to wire, prune and shape your little tree.|||it really depends on what the seeds are of, because bonsai is only a refrence to any plant that looks like a small tree.





some seeds do need a time in the fridge for them to start germinating, but if you got them in a kit. it would say exactly what you would have to do. if you could find out what the seeds are of exactly, you could just type there name into a search engine and ask how to germinate them.|||LOL bonsai seed? Or you mean just normal tree seeds that you intend to bonsai? No you don't HAVE to soak - I never have; in fact I've never heard it recommend you soak seeds except beans and stuff. But you can use a propagator to get them started - like with special soil mix, container etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment